People who are traveling by foot do not have anything close to the amount of protection that motorists in traditional passenger vehicles do. For that reason, any motor vehicle crash involving a pedestrian can result in serious or even fatal injuries.
Unfortunately, these types of collisions are remarkably common in the Cincinnati area. If a pedestrian accident is the result of a car or truck driver’s negligence, then the victim and their family may be entitled to compensation for medical bills, lost wages, and other considerations.
Cincinnati Pedestrian Accidents Lawyer
If you sustained catastrophic injuries or your loved one was killed in a pedestrian accident, you should immediately contact an experienced personal injury attorney who can hold the negligent party accountable. Steiden Law Offices helps the victims of these types of crashes obtain the compensation they need and deserve.
We represent clients all over Southern Ohio and Northern Kentucky on a contingency fee basis, meaning that if you don’t win your case, you don’t pay. We offer a free consultation to discuss your case when you call (513) 888-8888 today.
Kentucky and Ohio Pedestrian Accidents Overview
- What are some of the causes of these types of crashes?
- Where do these types of accidents usually happen?
- What kinds of injuries do victims typically sustain?
A few of the more common examples of driver negligence that frequently result in collisions causing pedestrian injuries include:
- Aggressive Drivers — Speeding, passing on the shoulder or in an emergency lane, and failing to signal can all be considered examples of aggressive driving
- Distracted Drivers — Any usage of cell phones, GPS devices, or other dashboard controls as well as other activities that take a driver’s attention off the road are dangerous distractions
- Inattentive Drivers — Motorists who simply fail to look before opening car doors or backing up automobiles can seriously injure people walking in their vicinity
- Inexperienced Drivers — Sometimes a pedestrian’s injuries are simply the result of a motorist still being young and having relatively little time behind the wheel
- Intoxicated Drivers — A motorist operating under the influence of alcohol or other drugs is not only dangerous for other motor vehicles, but can also cause serious harm to pedestrians
- Failure to Yield Right of Way — Drivers may be so focused on the other motor vehicles around them that they forget or ignore a pedestrian crossing the street
Some of the types of places where pedestrians are most frequently struck by negligent motorists include, but are not limited to:
- Major highways
- Parking lots or garages
- Popular attraction sites
- Residential streets
- Shopping centers
People who are on foot can be killed if they are hit by an automobile. Even if they survive, pedestrians involved in car crashes can still suffer injuries that require significant long-term care. Some of these injuries include, but they are not limited to:
- Broken bones
- Fractured skull
- Head injuries
- Internal injuries
- Neck injuries
- Scarring or disfigurement
- Spinal cord injury
- Traumatic brain injury (TBI)
Find a Pedestrian Accidents Lawyer in Cincinnati
The dedicated and compassionate personal injury attorneys at Steiden Law Offices understand the tremendous burden that a pedestrian accident places not only on the victim, but on the entire family as well. We fight to recover compensation for medical expenses, lost wages, and pain and suffering for our clients.
Our firm represents clients all over Hamilton County in Ohio as well as Kenton County and Boone County in Kentucky. You can call (513) 888-8888 to set up a free, no obligation consultation to discuss your case and let us see how we can help.