It is possible for the occupants of passenger vehicles to walk away from accidents completely unharmed, but this is very rarely the case for motorcyclists. Because of the substantially less protection offered by their vehicles, people riding motorcyclists are far more susceptible to devastating injuries.
Collisions with motorcycles often throw riders from their bikes and may result in fatalities. These types of crashes have enormous consequences for not only the people riding motorcycles, but the entire families of the motorcyclist as well.
Cincinnati Motorcycle Accidents Lawyer
If you were seriously injured or your loved one was killed in a motorcycle crash, it is important for you contact a knowledgeable personal injury attorney as soon as possible. Steiden Law Offices represents injured motorcyclists and the families of those killed throughout Northern Kentucky and Southern Ohio.
Our firm has six offices in the Cincinnati area, including Mainesville, Ohio as well as Covington and Florence, Kentucky. We will provide a thorough and honest evaluation of your case when you call (513) 888-8888 to schedule a free, confidential consultation.
Ohio and Kentucky Motorcycle Accidents Information Center
- What are common causes of motorcycle crashes?
- What kinds of injuries do victims sustain?
- Which types of compensation are victims entitled to?
Some of the most common reasons that motorcycle crashes happen in the Cincinnati area include:
- Distracted Drivers — Motorists who are eating, drinking, adjusting dashboard controls, or talking or texting on a cell phone take their eyes off the road and increase the chances of causing a collision
- Drivers Changing Lanes — Because of their smaller size, motorcycles are much more difficult to see in blind spots and many motorists can drift right into the bikes
- Drivers Not Seeing Motorcycles — After striking a motorcyclist, usually after failing to yield right of way, the driver of a passenger vehicle will often say they “never saw” the bike or that it “came out of nowhere”
- Left Turns by Other Drivers — One of the most common types of motorcycle crashes occurs when other drivers misjudge the speed or distance of an oncoming bike and turn in front of the motorcycle, leaving the biker powerless to avoid a crash
- Rear-Ended by Another Vehicle — The type of collision that would ordinarily be a minor “fender bender” between passenger cars can result in serious or fatal injuries if a car or truck skids into a stopped motorcycle
- Road Hazards — Patches of gravel, potholes, or objects on the road can all lead to devastating crashes for motorcycles traveling at high speeds
A few of the types of life-changing injuries that motorcycle riders can sustain after being involved in a crash can include, but are not limited to:
- Amputations or Disfigurement
- Broken or Fractured Bones
- Head or Neck Injuries
- Road Rash
- Spinal Cord Injury
- Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
Even when motorcyclists are fortunate enough to survive a motor vehicle accident, the injuries they suffer can dramatically alter their abilities to provide for themselves and their families. If you have been injured or your loved one was killed in a motorcycle crash, some of the types of compensation you may be entitled to include, but are not limited to:
- Long-Term Care Expenses
- Loss of Consortium
- Lost Future Income
- Lost Wages
- Medical Expenses
- Motorcycle Replacement or Repair Costs
- Pain And Suffering
- Punitive Damages
- Rehabilitation Costs
Find a Motorcycle Accidents Lawyer in Cincinnati
Steiden Law Offices fights for motorcycle crash victims and families throughout Ohio and Kentucky. We handle cases on a contingency fee basis, meaning that we don’t charge you a dime unless we win your case.
Our firm has been helping people in communities like Cincinnati, Forest Park, Norwood, Erlanger, Florence, Edgewood, Blue Ash, and Covington for two decades. Call (513) 888-8888 today to have our personal injury attorneys review your case and explain your legal options.