Medical Malpractice / Nursing Home Abuse and Neglect
People throughout Ohio and Kentucky place their trust in a variety of different caregivers. Whether it is the doctors, nurses, and professional staff of area hospitals and medical facilities or the directors, health aids, and support staff of nursing homes, all of these employees have a duty to care.
Medical errors or nursing home neglect can result in serious or possibly even fatal injuries. Victims or the families of those killed because of a caregiver’s negligence may be entitled to compensation for their losses.
Cincinnati Medical Malpractice / Nursing Home Abuse and Neglect Lawyer
If you sustained catastrophic injuries or your loved one was killed because of a caregiver’s error or neglect, you should immediately seek legal representation. Steiden Law Offices represents the victims of medical negligence and nursing home neglect throughout Southern Ohio and Northern Kentucky.
Our firm has offices in Cincinnati and Mainesville, Ohio, as well as Covington and Florence, Kentucky. Our caring and compassionate personal injury attorneys can review your case when you call (513) 888-8888 to schedule a free discussion.
Ohio and Kentucky Medical Malpractice / Nursing Home Abuse and Neglect Overview
- What constitutes medical malpractice?
- What are examples of nursing home abuse or neglect?
- What types of damages can be recovered in these cases?
Some of the types of medical mistakes that may be grounds for a legal claim include, but are not limited to:
- Anesthesia Errors — Defective equipment, improper intubation, failure to inform patient of risks, failure to monitor vital signs, failure to recognize possible complications in patient's medical history, or too much anesthesia
- Birth Injuries — Brachial plexus injuries, brain injuries, cerebral palsy, Erb’s palsy, Klumpke palsy, or shoulder dystocia resulting from negligent prenatal care (such as failure to diagnose medical condition of mother or failure to identify birth defects) or errors during childbirth (failure to anticipate birth complications, failure to respond to signs of fetal distress, failure to order cesarean section, or incompetent forceps or vacuum extractor usage)
- Cosmetic Surgery Errors — Infections, necrosis, nerve damage, operating on wrong part of body, scarring, surgeries exceeding scope of patient’s informed consent, or surgeries performed by non-plastic surgeons
- Emergency Room Errors — Blood transfusion mistakes, diagnostic errors, EMT or paramedic neglect or errors, failure to treat patient in timely fashion, ignoring obvious signs of distress, improper monitoring, or incorrect patient priority assessment
- Medication Errors — Dangerous drug combinations, failure to explain possible side effects, failure to recognize drug allergies, mislabeled drugs, wrong medication prescribed or dispensed, wrong dosage given, wrong usage directions,
- Misdiagnosis or Failure to Diagnose — Delayed referral to specialists, failure to act appropriately on patient’s complaints, failure to perform regular screenings, failure to order appropriate tests, failure to provide adequate follow-up care, failure to recognize potential indications of problem, improper examination, misinterpretation of test results, or other misdiagnosis errors
- Surgical Errors — Delayed surgery, failure to advise patient potential risks, failure to recognize symptoms, negligent sanitary preparation, negligent use of surgical tools, negligently leaving surgical instruments in the patient, performing surgery on wrong part of body, prematurely discharging patient, or unnecessary surgeries,
- Wrongful Death — This claim may apply if your loved one dies as a result of any of the above errors
Nursing home neglect claims may include, but are not limited to:
- Financial Abuse — Checks made out to cash, forged signatures, stolen money, stolen jewelry or other valuables, unexplained ATM use, unauthorized withdrawals, or unauthorized use of checks, accounts, or credit cards
- Neglect — Bedsores or pressure ulcers, improperly administered medications or medications not being administered, ignored cries for help, infections, malnutrition and dehydration, poor hygiene, rapid weight loss or gain, slip and fall accidents, soiled clothing or bed linens, or unsanitary living conditions
- Physical or Sexual Abuse — Assault, battery, bloody undergarments, broken bones, dislocations, fractures, or other unexplained bruises, cuts, or lacerations
- Verbal or Emotional Abuse — Humiliation, ignoring the patient, intimidation, or isolation
Types of compensation that victims or families may be entitled to in these lawsuits can include, but are not limited to:
- Funeral costs
- Medical bills
- Mental anguish
- Pain and suffering
- Punitive damages
Find a Medical Malpractice / Nursing Home Abuse and Neglect Lawyer in Cincinnati
Steiden Law Offices stands up for the victims of caregiver neglect in Ohio and Kentucky. Our personal injury attorneys will investigate your case and work to hold all negligent parties accountable.
We can review your case and help you understand your legal options when you call (513) 888-8888 today to take advantage of a free, no obligation discussion. Our firm represents clients on a contingency fee basis, meaning that you owe us nothing unless we win your case.